The Best Hair Trends of 2014
Photo: chungalexa on Instagram
With 2014 coming to an end, it’s time to officially look back, grab our hairbrushes and reflect on the year’s top hair trends. Whether you’re hoping to start 2015 with a bold new colour, a daring fringe or a cropped cut, here’s a look back at the best hairstyles of the past year.
Photo: audreyjustinetautou on Instagram
1) Edgy fringed pixie cuts: The past year has seen celebrities embrace the sharp look of pixie cuts with a flirty, feminine touch. 38-year-old Mood Indigo actress Audrey Tautou looks youthful and ladylike with her dark locks arranged into a fringed pixie cut.
Photo: britneyspears on Instagram
2) Sophisticated bobs: In September, blonde beauty Britney Spears traded in her flowing locks for an elegant chin-length bob. With its slight waves and natural brunette shade, the long bob on TV presenter, model and British Vogue contributing editor Alexa Chung is also a winning look.
Photo: arianagrande on Instagram
3) Voluminous ponytails: While she may have recently switched up her style, 21-year-old Love Me Harder songstress Ariana Grande’s signature half-ponytail found its way into the spotlight. With its caramel-hued tone, bouncy waves and tight top pony, the full-bodied style is a playful look.
Photo: jlo on Instagram
4) Slicked-back locks: Sleek and slick straight locks made an impression in Hollywood this year, on everyone from Booty bombshell Jennifer Lopez to 24-year-old Beg For It rapper Iggy Azalea. Whether the locks were brunette or shades of blonde, the chic wet-look quickly became a sensation.
Photo: rosiehw on Instagram
5) Rosy hair colours: Hair colours for 2014 were anything but ordinary, with shades of rose gold and brilliant red appearing in the locks of Tinseltown belles. With its delicate red tint, this hair colour on Victoria’s Secret model Rose Huntington-Whiteley was a gorgeous touch.
Photo: jessicaalba on Instagram
6) Daring undercuts: The past couple seasons have seen long-haired beauties add a daring touch to their ‘dos with a shaved or faux undercut. From a faux braided touch on Sin City: A Dame To Kill For actress Jessica Alba, to the edgy cut on actress Rosario Dawson, the undercut was a bold defining look.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.