Holiday Red Lip Makeup Tutorial
Photo: nathalieeparis on Instagram
If you’re still searching for the perfect last-minute lipstick shade for Christmas dinner or debating on a beauty look for your New Year’s Eve bash next week, a set of alluring red lips makes a classic holiday statement. Here’s our guide to this YouTube makeup tutorial by Nathalie Paris, for a gorgeous visage with a seasonal edge.
1) Start off with a clean, moisturized complexion. Using a kabuki brush, use primer and concealer to create that radiant glow. Add a light application of matte foundation as well. Be sure to contour around the cheek and lip area for flawless skin.
2) Next, use a wide brush to lightly apply a stroke of blush to each cheek. Use a rosy shade with a red-pink tint, for jolly holiday-ready cheeks that would make even Santa Claus himself feel envious.
3) To bring a dramatic touch to your beauty look, fill in light eyebrows with a dark brown brow powder.
4) Gently apply a pale pink eyeshadow to your upper lids, using an eyeshadow brush. For an inspired look, try Sephora Collection’s Colourful Luster Matte Eyeshadow in Swan Song, $16.
5) Add a touch of lightly smudged dark brown eye pencil under your lower lash line, for a slight smokey touch.
6) Next, curl your eyelashes and add a double coat of mascara. For thick dark lashes, try Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara, $29.
7) Of course, the focus of this elegant makeup look is the bright lip colour in a candy apple red tone. Slowly fill in your lips using an beautiful inspired colour with a sheer tint, like Sephora Collection Rouge Shine Lipstick in Serial Dater, $15. If you prefer darker matte lips, try Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in Crimson, $19.
8) Use a brush to add the finishing touches to your lip colour, and be prepared to dazzle this season. Happy holidays!
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.