Canada’s Hottest Food Trends
Over that past couple of years, health food, diet food and gourmet food have become increasingly popular. Diets like gluten-free, Mediterranean and paleo have risen in popularity and the much-buzzed about term ‘superfoods’ has created food superstars like quinoa and kale. So what are the next big trends in the world of food? What are the must-have, most popular foods for the year expected to be?
In a new review, more than 400 professional chefs from the Canadian Culinary Federation participated in the annual Restaurants Canada Chef Survey. The results show the hottest Canadian food trends, recipes and cooking styles.
Top 10 Hot Food Trends:
1. Gluten-free/food allergy conscious
3. Locally sourced foods
4. Leafy greens (e.g. kale, Swiss chard, mustard greens, collard greens, dandelion, beet greens)
5. Craft beer/microbrews
6. Food smoking
7. Heirloom fruit and vegetables
8. Charcuterie/ house-cured meats
9. Food trucks
10. Inexpensive/ underused cuts of meat (e.g. beef cheek, brisket, pork shoulder, skirt steak)
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.