There’s A Smoothie For That — Beauty In A Blender
There seems to be an unending supply of healthy smoothie recipes online that promise nutrients and health without the need to sit down to a meal. Could some of these recipes even help with your beauty regime? Whether you sip them in your car, or on the go, shaken and blended certainly seems the way to go for these drinks that contain ingredients said to enhance everything from shiny hair, to a slim waist.
1. Glowing skin. Pineapple is great for a glow when skin is dry, flaxseeds contain oils and fats to keep dry skin youthful, coconut yogurt with probiotics will maintain pH for acne prone skin, while bananas and celery reduce under-eye circles and puffiness.
2. A slim silhouette. Apple for fiber, cucumber for lots of water and low calories, spinach for low calories and fiber, cilantro and parsley to cleanse waste and detox and stimulate digestive assimilation, lemon to flush fat, avocado for healthy fats, and if you can handle the taste, cayenne pepper and turmeric for a metabolism boost.
3. Glossy locks. Carrots for beta carotene, pumpkin seeds (or pumpkin seed butter) for zinc, vitamin A and sulfur, and plain greek yogurt for healthy protein, fats and calcium. Banana is rich in pH-balancing potassium, and will make it tasty as can be.
4. Long and strong nails. Leafy greens like kale and spinach for necessary minerals, whole grains like millet or flax, and antioxidant rich berries and pure raw cocoa powder for a tasty and rich smoothie to make your nails tough as nails.
5. A Brighter Smile. Strawberries, celery, cauliflower, orange and carrots. While these foods may be best eaten whole to work as abrasives toward whiter teeth, their nutrient properties alone will help whiten your smile so a smoothie is a great option.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.