Create An Easy Summer Fishtail Braid
When it comes to sexy, casual summer hair, simplicity is key. A simple style you can do quickly and efficiently is the goal of many women. One of summer’s hottest hairstyles is just that – the fishtail braid is easy to create and stylish.
Celebrities like Jessica Alba, Christina Milian, Kim Kardashian and Ashley Greene love the casual look of an ‘undone’ fishtail braid. It may look complicated, but a fishtail braid can be easily achieved at home with an elastic and a little patience.
1. Pull your hair to one side of your head.
2. Divide your hair into two equal sections (if you want to start with a ponytail just secure your hair into a side ponytail and then divide the ponytail into two equal sections).
3. Take a small section of hair from the outside section of one side and pull it over to the opposite side.
4. Then take a small selection of hair from that side and braid the opposite way.
5. Keep repeating until you run out of hair and secure the braid with an elastic.
Check out the video below for a beautiful fishtail braid tutorial by FoxyLocksExtensions.
Photos: Courtesy of Twitter
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.