Popular Celebrity Diets
Hollywood manages to keep itself slim and gorgeous, and we’ve all wondered more than once what the secret of the stars actually is. Is it a God-given fast-burning metabolism, plastic surgery, or extreme fitness techniques? In truth, it may be a combination of all three, but diet definitely plays a role in keeping in shape- you are what you eat, after all! Here’s a guide to some popular recent celebrity diets:
1) Detox Diets: With famous followers like Gwyneth Paltrow, Beyonce, and Anne Hathaway (whose controversial weight loss for her role in Les Miserables was thanks to this strict plan), the Detox Diet has been making headlines lately. While only a temporary solution and one which isn’t recommended by medical experts, the 6-Day Detox helped Anne loss a dramatic amount of weight for her movie part.
Related: The Clean Detox 101
2) Master Cleanse- The Lemonade Diet: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. This juice fast involves drinking fresh lemon juice mixed with maple syrup and cayenne pepper, and pairing the drink with a laxative every night and salt water flush in the morning. A crash diet which is meant as a quick fix and results in a loss of energy, celeb followers have included Pink and ultra thin Demi Moore.
3) Dukan Diet: This diet is royal-approved despite not being medically proven, with one of its most famous followers being Kate Middleton, along with J.Lo and Penelope Cruz. Developed by French nutritionist Pierre Dukan, the diet is made up of four phases. The Attack Phase consists of high protein, with the Cruise Phase following it which alternates between protein and vegetables. Next, Consolidation claims to gets the body ready to return to balanced eating, with Stabilization ending the process.
4) The Five Factor Diet: Eva Mendes, Alicia Keys, and Halle Berry have all gone on the Five Factor Diet, designed by celebrity personal trainer Harley Pasternak. The diet includes five simple meals per day, combined with 25 minute workouts and the occasional cheat day for a break.
Related: Top Celebrity Personal Trainers
5) Macrobiotic Diet: Fans of the organic Macrobiotic Diet include super toned Madonna and the health-conscious Gwyneth Paltrow. The diet focuses on soy, whole grains, and cooked vegetables, and is mainly plant-based- although there is a little room for fish.
Related: Top 5 Worst Celebrity Diets to Avoid
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.