5 Steps To Get Oscar Red Carpet Ready At Home
With tomorrow’s Oscars, why not pamper yourself to the full red carpet treatment in time for your at home Oscar party red carpet debut, the same way the stars get prepped. Celebrity makeup artist and hair stylist Julia Papworth shared with us 5 steps for your to get red carpet ready at home.
Julia says, “We are right smack dab in the middle of awards season, and along with all the accolades comes the important stuff – the glam. The red carpet style of celebrities is always carefully inspected and envied, and the Oscar red carpet is no different. Here are 5 steps to help you look as flawless as the celebs do:
1. Beat the Bloat – The week before any big event cut down the salt and up your water intake. Water will flush out any toxins and help to diminish any bloat that you may see if your dress. Many celebs partake in a juice fast a few days before hitting the carpet to help them look more svelte. It is a great way to feel extra toned!
2. Get Glowing – Everyone looks better with a little bit of color. Instead of baking in the sun or in a dangerous tanning bed I love Lorac Tantalizer Body Bronzing Luminizer. Rub this lotion all over your body for a fresh from the islands glow.
3. The eyes have it – No matter what look you are trying to achieve, the eyes are an integral part of it. Most importantly brows and lashes. When applying your eye makeup for a big event remember first to define the brows, as they are the frame of the face. Brow Tech by Smashbox is a great product that fills in and defines the brows. For the lashes, make sure to curl the lashes and apply several layers of volumizing mascara (my favorite is Smashbox Hyperlash Mascara). For extra pop, consider false lashes – with a little practice they are easy to apply and can take your makeup to the next level.
Related: Oscar Party Beauty Tips
4. Avoid a makeup meltdown – You never know what the weather will bring the day of an awards show, not to mention the stress of walking the carpet. To avoid your makeup sliding of your face into a sweaty mess, remember to prep your face. After moisturizing, apply Makeup Forever HD Microperfecting primer. Lightweight primer moisturizes and softens, and leaves a great canvas to build foundation upon.
5. Pop those pearly whites- Nothing completes a flawless red carpet look like a stunningly white smile. A few days before the event use Crest 3D White Professional Effects Teeth Whitening Strips to help diminish any staining that may be on your teeth. In addition, be careful of having coffee or red wine or anything the day of that could potentially stain your teeth.
[Photo Jonathan Selig / ©A.M.P.A.S.]
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.