Top 5 Must-Try Hairstyles for Summer 2012
Summer is a great time to wear your hair in lots of fun and ways, but with the heat and humidity the last thing you want is to do anything too complicated or perfect. We found 5 hairstyles that are simple to create and can withstand the hot summer days all while still looking great.
1. Top Knot: This beauty trend is a favourite amongst celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Lauren Conrad, as it is a fast and fuss-free way to instantly look chic. A messy top knot is the perfect way to style your hair after a day at the beach or a trip to the gym, and is the perfect solution for frizz and fly-away hairs. To achieve this look, simply pull back hair into a messy high ponytail. Take hair and wrap it around the ponytail, then secure with an elastic or with a few pins. This versatile look is a chic and sophisticated way to transition from day to evening with minimal effort.
2. Side Ponytail: Try this uncomplicated and instant way to disguise a bad hair day! Simply Part hair in the centre or to one side. Pull hair to the side of your choice and secure at the nape of your neck, letting the hair fall over your shoulder. Let a few strands of hair loose around the face for a more relaxed, undone look.
3. Beachy Waves: This coveted hairstyle has been perfected for stars like Gisele Bunchden and Blake Lively. With these few tips you won’t need a pro- hairstylist to achieve these perfectly tousled, bouncy curls. Start by applying a hair serum like Moroccan oil to the ends of your hair to tame frizz and add shine. Let hair air dry in order for the natural texture of your hair to come out. When dry, take a medium sized curling iron and simply wrap small sections of your hair around the barrel for a few seconds. The trick is to leave a few pieces natural so that the look is more undone. Finish by scrunching hair lightly with fingers to separate curls and create a more piecey style.
4. Braid: A low braid is the perfect way to achieve a cool and modern look while fighting the balmy temperatures of summer. The trick is to keep it loose by letting strands of hair fall around the face. After the braid is secured with an elastic, pull slightly at the braid in order to create a more uneven style. Once you’ve perfected the basic braid, shake things up with a stylish fishtail braid.
5. Pulled-Back Ponytail: Try this pulled back ponytail for easy sophistication! This hairstyle is a favourite amongst celebrities like Beyonce for its easy maintenance and versatility. This hot trend is key for the summer as it is suitable for all hair types and textures, and is a great way to keep your hair out of your face. You can opt for a more sleek or messy look by simply pulling hair back and securing it in place at the crown of your head. Take the look from day to evening by smoothing out or curling your hair.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.