How To Safely Use Your Flat Iron
If you are addicted to your flat iron, then you should know that there are tricks and tips that you should follow to ensure that you don’t damage your hair with the constant heat. Barbara Abbasi, founder of the Ferrum Professional Styler and owner of American Beauty Hair Salon in California has tips on how to safely use your flat iron. Here are her hair styling tips:
– Wash your hair properly with a thermal protection shampoo
– Apply straightening balm and heat protection spray before using. Do not apply gel or hair spray.
– Use only on completely dry hair.
– Once your hair is completely dry, draw thin sections of your hair through the flat iron slowly all the while keeping the iron moving. Be sure to straighten slowly from the root of the hair to the tip. Never keep the flat iron a piece of hair for too long. This can cause severe damage to the hair.
– Try not to use the flat iron every day.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.