Beauty Trend: Chrome Eyes
Chrome lids are trendiest way to add drama to your lids for a night out. This intense eye look definitely won’t work in the daytime. One swipe of a chrome shadow is all it takes to achieve this look that was seen on Derek Lam’s runway. This is a look that will last you almost year round, so why not pick up on it now. Here are our favourite chrome eye shadows:
Chrome Eyes Shopping Guide:
1. Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Stay Matte, $14.50 – This pigmented shadow adds a soft steel grey to your lids with just one stroke.
2. Too Faced Shadow Insurance, $18.00 – An eye primer will keep your colour from fading, creasing, melting and will keep the shadow looking intense all night long.
3. Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow, $58.00 – This versatile smokey palette can create many different looks, but to follow the chrome trend stick to the gun metal shades for intense lids.
4. Stila Smudge Pot in Grey, $20.00 – This smudge pot can be used as a lid colour or used with an angled liner brush for a smokey effect on the top or bottom lash line.
5. Sephora Collection Colourful Mono Eyeshadow, $6.00 – For a darker and more dramatic take on this trend use a darker grey across the lid.
[Photos via Style.com]
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.