Beauty Trend: Chrome Eyes
Chrome lids are trendiest way to add drama to your lids for a night out. This intense eye look definitely won’t work in the daytime. One swipe of a chrome shadow is all it takes to achieve this look that was seen on Derek Lam’s runway. This is a look that will last you almost year round, so why not pick up on it now. Here are our favourite chrome eye shadows:
Chrome Eyes Shopping Guide:
1. Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Stay Matte, $14.50 – This pigmented shadow adds a soft steel grey to your lids with just one stroke.
2. Too Faced Shadow Insurance, $18.00 – An eye primer will keep your colour from fading, creasing, melting and will keep the shadow looking intense all night long.
3. Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow, $58.00 – This versatile smokey palette can create many different looks, but to follow the chrome trend stick to the gun metal shades for intense lids.
4. Stila Smudge Pot in Grey, $20.00 – This smudge pot can be used as a lid colour or used with an angled liner brush for a smokey effect on the top or bottom lash line.
5. Sephora Collection Colourful Mono Eyeshadow, $6.00 – For a darker and more dramatic take on this trend use a darker grey across the lid.
[Photos via Style.com]
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.