Beauty Trend: Red Lipstick
We saw red lipstick on the majority of fall runways last year including that of YSL, Lanvin, and Dolce & Gabbana – to name a few- and the popularity of 40s-style scarlet lips shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. As recently as the Spring 2011 collections, Megan Fox was seen sporting a red pout at the Armani show. Here are our top five red lipsticks:
Red Lipstick Shopping Guide:
1. Lipstick Queen, Jean Queen Lipstick, $18.00 – Get a classic red lip with a cult favourite lipstick.
2. Dolce & Gabbana, Classic Cream Lipstick in Fire, $31.47 – These fashion designers know how to give that sensual look with their bold red lipstick.
3. Covergirl, Queen Collection Lipstick in Cherry Bomb, $6.39 – This bright vibrant red is created to pop on darker skin tones.
4. Chanel, Rouge Allure Lipstick, $30.00 – Chanel pushed to get red lipstick back in the beauty hot seat with their updated red lipsticks.
5. Revlon, Colorburst Lipstick in Mauve, $8.99 – An affordable matte red will give you a stunning style in seconds.
[photo via Lis Lopes]
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.