Congratulations are in order, fashionable mama-to-be! Now is not the time, though, to sacrifice your chic style for oversized muumuus and stretchy pants. (Though some stretch never hurt in right places on the right pants). We know your year is about to become a lot more interesting, and there’s no reason you won’t do it all and experience this joy in glam pieces and effortless sophistication. We’ve found the most fashion savvy, affordable maternity clothes available anywhere, and these five pieces are must-haves to any gorgeous to-be-mama wardrobe.
1. Simple sheer blouse. One of our wardrobe staples prego or not, this black collared Topshop blouse ($36) is a piece you can go to for any occasion, and it will complement your favourite maternity jeans, a skirt, and much more.
2. A fun, feminine, flowy dress. Don’t choose to fade into the background in a boring sheath when it’s time to party. Wear this adorable, modern Asos frock ($114) and you’ll be one beautiful bump-having lady.
3. The perfect coat. A camel-hued wool Old Navy peacoat ($64) with pretty accent details like buttons and a standing collar will show off your lovely baby bump purely and simply. Besides, it’s so affordable you will be able to get one for each trimester!
4. Sleek skinnies. Dark, inky denim and a slimming skinny leg are flattering at any point in your pregnancy, and the belly band ensures comfort without any lack of style. Every expecting mom must have a few pairs of jeans like these H&M ones ($49) that they can put on and feel fabulous.
5. Statement print pants. Don’t be afraid to wear prints, statement pieces or trends. You’re still just the same fashion forward woman you were pre-baby, and these Topshop floral maternity pants ($15) are so fantastic you’ll be sad not to fit in them after babe arrives. Pair them with the sheer blouse, or for spring, a simple white tank and pretty flats.