Canadian designer and past Project Runway Canada competitor Lucian Matis knows just what every fashion lover needs this summer. We have the exclusive on Lucian’s summer style tips and trends, the all-important base for under any look, and what trend he just is not falling for this season.
Lucian Matis’ top summer 2012 fashion must-haves:
1. A great pair of sunglasses. Sunglasses shown here are from Lucian’s line, Lucian Matis Eyewear.
2. A good bra!
3. A wonderful fragrance to complete the look. (Try Philosophy Falling In Love Summer Eau De Toilette).
4. An oversized handbag. (Like this Warehouse Diamond one).
5. Above the ankle capris. (Cropped ankle pants by M Missoni seen here).
6. Bold, bright colour. Lucian says, “I am in lust with all bright, bold and vibrant colours- excluding neon!”
7. Scarves and hats for summer. “I love scarves and hats for the summer”, Lucian tells us. “Despite the fact that spring/summer seasons are hot, I do believe that these two items not only make you look fashionable but they also protect you from the heat.”
And the trend Lucian’s not wild for this season? “The one trend I think is really silly is the pajama look worn in public”, he says.