Unfortunately, love doesn’t always last forever- especially in Hollywood, where divorces and break-ups often leave a messy trail of broken hearts behind. Here’s a look at some of the biggest celebrity divorces of the past few years:
1) Kate and Jon Gosselin: Famous for their reality show Jon & Kate Plus 8 which detailed their busy home and family life, Jon and Kate filed for divorce in 2009. With joint custody of their eight young children, the divorce led to a bitter fight in courts which took over tabloids and blogs for months to come. With Kate appearing on Rachael Ray, Dancing With The Stars, and Celebrity Wife Swap, the 38-year-old reality star decided to embrace the spotlight- while 36-year-old Jon now works an everyday job and stays away from Hollywood
2) Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt: When the Hollywood power couple parted ways in 2005, the world was shocked. After a fairytale wedding in 2000, the golden couple spent close to five years together until their unexpected divorce and Brad finding new love with brunette beauty Angelina Jolie.
3) Sandra Bullock and Jesse James: After a scandal which rocked Hollywood in 2010, the world found out that Jesse James was cheating with Michelle McGee, a tattoo model. The couple later divorced, with Oscar-winning Bullock now raising her adopted toddler son on her own.
4) Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren: The former Swedish model divorced the famed golfer in 2010, after a string of his mistresses was revealed. The couple has two young sons together- Woods is now dating skiier Lindsay Vonn, and struggling to regain his reputation.
5) Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards: Denise Richards has remained supportive of ex hubby Charlie Sheen (who she married in 2002), despite the fact the couple has fought a custody battle over the years. Richards divorced the troubled Two and A Half Men star in 2005, while pregnant with their second child.
Related: Mayim Bialik Blogs About Divorce