While bright lips, denim blue eyeshadow, and dark winged liner are all fall trends which we are excited to try (though maybe not all at once), sometimes a girl needs to embrace her natural beauty with the “no makeup look”. Whether you want to give your skin a break from excessive products, or keep your makeup toned down for a rushed morning, this look is fantastic for those who dislike a vibrantly painted face. Here’s a look at the classic beauty trend with a YouTube tutorial:
1) Start off with a great quality foundation which suits your natural skin tone. The beauty guru in this video uses Revlon PhotoReady, but feel free to use another product as well (try Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation). Gently apply the foundation with a makeup brush in order to get that heavenly glow.
2) While the “no makeup” look aims to keep it natural, the right concealer is essential to tying loose ends together and leaving you with flawless skin. Try The Body Shop’s Concealer-All-In-One for hiding under eye circles and blemishes. Apply the concealer in dots right onto your skin, and blend in with your fingers before adding a finishing touch with your brush.
3) Use an eyebrow pencil or powder if necessary to fill in your brows. This is perfect if you have naturally light eyebrows and would like to add definition- since the beauty look doesn’t use a great deal of eye makeup, a little definition above the eye goes a long way. Try Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo (available at Sephora).
4) Next, curl your eyelashes to create a wide-eyed, youthful look. Add two coats of a black brown mascara to your curled lashes, such as Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara.
5) Add one layer of dark brown eyeliner to just your top eyelids (try Annabelle Kohl Eyeliner in Brown), leaving the lower lids natural.
6) Finish off with a pretty pink lip colour (one coat of Yves Rocher Grand Rouge in Rose Sompteux does the trick) and a clear gloss (we love MAC Clear Lipglass for a finishing touch). You’re now ready to enjoy your naturally beautiful look!