With autumn beauty trends on shelves now, we’re keeping our noses on the latest scents of the season. With a modern twist on beloved classics and mysterious yet timeless fragrances in the air already, here’s Real Style’s guide to some of our top perfume picks:
1) Marc Jacobs Honey: With honey getting its moment lately as both a beauty and health trend, it was also natural for a perfume based on the sweet nectar to follow suit! Marc Jacobs’ Honey is a floral-inspired punchy scent with notes of mandarin, vanilla, and of course- honey. Fans of Marc Jacobs’ other perfumes are going to feel right at home with this new fragrance that will welcome the cooler weather well ($80, available at Sephora).
2) Calvin Klein Downtown: Expected to arrive in time for September, Calvin Klein’s latest pick is said to be a mix between wood-scented au naturel and feminine flower power. With hints of fruit such as green pear and plum, the musky fragrance features actress Rooney Mara as the face of its campaign. This Calvin Klein fragrance feels very chic. It doesn’t have the young floral or sweet smells of some other scents.
3) Jimmy Choo Flash: With its luminous disco ball-inspired bottle and tell-tale title, we can already predict that this one has star quality! Flash by Jimmy Choo is created with white floral and jasmine essence, with top notes of strawberry and pink pepper. Jimmy Choo fragrance is a mix of smoky and musky and sweet to suit both sides of your persona (available at Sephora, $73).
4) Taylor by Taylor Swift: The vibrant, fruity and invigorating scent of Taylor Swift’s latest perfume is perfect to ring in the season! With notes of lychee and tangerine and a long-lasting fragrance which lasts all day, this youthful fragrance is the best back to school scent you could buy.
5) Elizabeth Arden UNTOLD: With a new update on a longtime favourite, Elizabeth Arden’s latest scent is an UNTOLD secret. More youthful and modern than previous fragrances by the beauty giant, this strong yet feminine fragrance is another great pick.
6) Viva La Juicy: Juicy Couture’s newest nighttime fragrance for fall is dark, mysterious, and edgy with its notes of wild berry and mandarin. It seems hints of the citrus fruit are incredibly popular for next season’s scents, and the effect mandarin has on the slightly wild yet girly Viva La Juicy is right on trend.
7) Demeter Saltwater Taffy: Demeter Fragrance Library is famous for reminding us of everything from the aroma of chocolate to the notes of exotic amber. Will their new Saltwater Taffy scent (out in September) make us feel like kids in a candy store again? The salty, sweet smell will remind you of days spend on the ocean front beach with the wind in your hair.