Extra heat and exposure to the sun is usually not the best sign for skin. After all, who wants to cope with an oily complexion and blemishes when you could be outside enjoying the great weather? Luckily, summer acne faces a losing battle if handled correctly and with the appropriate products. Here’s a round-up of five scrubs, cleansers, and cream to keep your skin acne-free and healthy:
Related: Top Summer Beauty Mistakes to Avoid
1) Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Cleansing Oil: If you suffer from either oily or combination (oily as well as dry) skin, this cleansing oil from Japanese skincare and beauty experts Shu Uemura is the way to go. Formulated with sakura leaf extract (which helps with redness and the texture of the skin’s surface) along with cherry extract (which removes dead cells and smoothes the skin), it promises to refresh pores which have been affected by acne.
2) Burt’s Bees Anti-Blemish Targeted Spot Treatment: With its natural tea tree and calendula formula, this spot treatment from Burt’s Bees aims to target specific zones which have been hit with an attack of blemishes. It’s dermatologically tested and reduces skin irritation at the same time.
3) St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub: With its refreshing apricot scent, the St. Ives lineup remains a skincare favourite for both acne treatment and exfoliation. The scrub is not only affordable, it’s also effective! The corn kernel meal in its formula exfoliates skin, while the ground walnut encourages the growth of healthy new cells as they rise to the surface.
4) Sephora Collection Acne-Fighting Roll-On Gel: The convenience of this roll-on product is incredible- it’s purse sized, making it perfect to bring along on a weekend getaway or put in your bag for an evening out. Sephora’s pocket-sized anti-acne gel uses salicylic acid to target blemishes. It’s also made without harmful parabens, and is expected to take effect within hours.
5) Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam: Recommended for use twice a day (once in the morning and once at night), Clinique’s foam solution reduces dirt and oil while leaving pores unclogged. Created with salicylic acid and glycerin, this mild water-based formula claims to suit all skin types as well.