Jessica Biel looked beautiful at last night’s Met Gala going to the no makeup look from celebrity makeup artist Kayleen McAdams. Kayleen said that she used ck one makeup to get this look inspired by punk icon Patti Smith.
Related: Met Gala Best Dressed
Kayleen said “As soon as I saw the amazing trousers she was wearing I knew I wanted to emphasize the androgynous aspect of the punk movement. Anthony Campell did an amazing job with her hair, and by pulling all the hair back it really showed off Jessica’s bone structure. I then focused on playing that up with even more obvious contouring on her cheeks, eyes, lips and brows.”
Follow Kayleen’s step by step instructions to copy Jessica Biel’s Met Gala makeup now:
1. Jessica has gorgeous skin so I wanted to use a base that would emphasize the luminosity and look as though she was wearing nothing. The ck one 3-in-1 face makeup gives the perfect coverage so I blended it all over the face with a beauty blender and used the Tarte Marajuca Creaseless Concealer in Light just under the eyes.
2. I added a tiny bit of the ck one skin illuminator in cool along the cheekbones and down the bridge of her nose to keep the skin looking dewy. Using this highlighter made the contrast of the cheeks that much more obvious.
3. I then used the ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in lightly golden to contour her cheekbones and blend along her chin and forehead. I went back over the cream with the bronzer powder to set the look and used a dusting of the ck one air light pressed powder in porcelain on the T-zone to keep the shine to a minimum.
4. To maintain the monochromatic look I again used the bronzer and blended all over Jessica’s eyes, using a darker matte shadow, Jouer powder eyeshadow in Chestnut, in her crease area to add dimension. I wanted the eye to look bare and only give the effect of shadows so I kept the products matte and didn’t use any eyeliner.
5. The key to this eye look was the mascara. Both Jessica and I love the look of soft mascara and it was key to giving her eyes that masculine edge. I chose the ck one color mascara in confess that looks almost gray and applied two coats on the top and bottom lashes. The shade really brought out Jessica’s green eyes.
6. I started by patting Jessica’s lips with the ck one pure colour lipstick in whatever with my finger, really pressing it in. I used a tiny bit of ck one lipgloss in tender to give the lips dimension and to keep them looking moist.
[Photo courtesy of ck one]