Grunge style has come back in a big way for fall and at Toronto Fashion Week, young designers Chloe Comme Parris showed how to get grunge hair while still looking chic. Redken’s stylists created this boho grunge hairstyle for the Chloe Comme Parris F/W 2013 fashion show. Here are steps from Redken on how to get this style:
1. Use Fabricate 03 Texturizer on all the hair to ensure natural flow. Then apply Guts 10 Volume Boosting Spray Mousse to give texture and grit to the hair. And then wrap dry to create natural flow.
2. Take the entire left side of the head to create a French braid. Then turn it into a long pony tail.
3. Once the braid is formed pull strands to create loops to add character. Take two small sections of hair to fall over the French braid and from those sections create two small braids so that they fall over the French braid.
4. Use a piece of the fringe to incorporate into a braid at the right side of the head, and this will keep the hair away from the face. Create two more small braids going around the head.
5. At the back of the head pull sections and spiral wrap with a 1″ curling iron. Finish with Control Addict 28 Hair Spray.