5 Cozy Turtlenecks That Are Actually Chic
Photo: meagansmoda on Instagram
Although we may be counting down the weeks until spring arrives, there are still plenty of colder mornings and frigid evenings in store as we wait out winter. As you plan out your late winter wardrobe, you may have started running out of outfit ideas. After all, you can only rock the same sweater dress and patterned tights for so long until it’s time for a wardrobe refresh. Luckily, lightweight and stylish turtlenecks have been dominating the sartorial scene this season, and can complete your look of the day. Unlike the bulky turtlenecks of yesterday, high-collared sweaters are officially en vogue, and offer endless layering opportunities. We’ve curated a few affordable and fashionable options that will help you stay trendy throughout the final stretch of the winter season.
1) INC International Concepts Lace-Sleeve Peplum Sweater, $65: Try rocking the turtleneck for a night out or a dinner party, with the addition of delicate lace and a girlish peplum cut. This form-fitting number makes a splash with its violet colour, dainty sleeves and sophisticated mockneck.
2) Free People Time After Time Sweater, $97: This linen and rayon blend turtleneck is a sexy and youthful alternative to a typical frumpy knit. We’re loving the blush colour, along with the open knit accents around the bodice. Try pairing it with a pair of chandelier earrings for an evening occasion, or sporting it with black cigarette trousers and a blazer for business.
3) Cupcakes & Cashmere Pullover Turtleneck Sweater, $99: If you are craving colour, try heading out in this vivid red sweater made of cotton blend fabric. The flowing three-quarter sleeves and thick turtleneck collar complete the design, along with the ribbed detail.
4) Halogen Funnel Neck Cashmere Sweater, $103: The classic look of black and white stripes never seems to go out of style, and you hardly need to be en route to Paris to embrace this look. This knit cashmere turtleneck is form-fitting, and features thin horizontal stripes. You can always pair it with distressed skinny denim for a bit of an edge, or slip a strappy dress over it for a fashion-forward outfit.
5) Raga Jackie Turtleneck Flute Sleeve Jumper, $112: Although there may be a misconception that the classic turtleneck is boring or dated, this particular jumper proves that theory wrong. We are liking the cropped cut and the dramatic bell sleeves with their orange trim. Also, the bright blue colour is perfect for brightening the dull colour palette of late February.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.