Shimmering New Year’s Eve Frocks For The Party Girl
Photo: Dolce & Gabbana Fall/Winter 2016 (Vogue Runway)
With New Year’s Eve upon us, party animals will soon be taking over the streets in true sparkling form. Whether you’re hosting a house party or heading out on the town, the biggest party night of the year certainly calls for appropriate attire. As we prepare to welcome 2017, you’ll want to abandon your everyday knits for sequins, embellishment and figure-flattering frocks. Before you start sipping champagne and toasting the year ahead, consider these five party dresses for the ultimate NYE statement.
1) Le Château Allover Sequin Cocktail Dress, $50: We are liking the dark purple tone of this sequin-covered dress. The cap sleeves, boat neckline and waist-cinching cut are sure to enhance your feminine curves.
2) Club L Patterned Sequin Maxi Dress with Open Back, $130: If you prefer longer skirts to the ubiquitous thigh-grazing party dress, look no further than this gorgeous embellished maxi dress. With its high slit up the leg and pale rose gold colour scheme, this long dress helps to capture Hollywood glamour.
3) Vince Camuto Ombre Sequined Sheath Dress, $233: For the minimalist who wants to stun without looking like a disco ball, a silvery sheath dress may be a sartorial solution. This sleeveless Vince Camuto number features an ombre effect, with cool silver sequins which gradually darken near the hem.
4) Dress the Population ‘Lola’ Backless Sequin Minidress, $276: The little white dress may have made an appearance this summer in all manner of cotton and lace, but sequin alternatives are just as chic. For party season, we are liking this long-sleeved minidress which glimmers with its mirrored ivory sequins. The high neckline and full sleeves balance out the daring hemline for a wearable and classy look.
5) Starstruck Sequin Slip Dress, $329: With the slip dress currently reigning supreme, New Year’s Eve offers the perfect opportunity to bring this slinky, sexy trend to new heights. With its dainty straps and deep V-neckline, this navy sequined frock cuts a sultry figure. Meanwhile, the embellished patterns bring the entire design to life.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity updates from the week's top stories, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.