The 5 Must Have Fashion Pieces For 2013
Entering the new year, we’re all prepared with shiny new gym memberships, diet regimes and lots of new Christmas pajamas. But when you’re not in workout gear or pj’s, you are going to need to flaunt some refreshed new style, too. With new trends on the horizon, it’s time to think about what you’ll spend those gift certificates on, and we’re loaded with helpful information to amp up your wardrobe inspired by the spring 2013 runways. Which 5 pieces must every fashionable girl own this year? Here they are — and here we are in love with every single one.
1. The sheer skirt. A la Rochas, Rag & Bone, Tom Ford and more. It’s all about sheer done in unique ways, and there’s nothing boring about a wispy transparent midi or maxi skirt with a bodysuit, mini skirt or tap shorts beneath.
2. A bold belt. Chicly cinched looks at Alexander McQueen were enough to make us run out to replenish our collection of eye catching, waist-nipping belts to pair with peplum shapes and pretty prints. Enough said.
3. An “It” Suit. Yes, it’s powerful. But the suit seen on runways from every designer under the sun from Dior to Stella to Mary Katrantzou and Narciso Rodriguez was even more gracefully tailored than a typical menswear inspiration. Get your hands on an oversized tuxedo jacket and trim, slim, slightly drapy pants and you’re ready for a brand new year.
4. The Jacket-Dress. When we spotted Kirsten Dunst in one recently, it just solidified our love for these stunning statement garments even more. Of course we first fell in love with the new take on the look when Raf Simons debuted his at Dior, and now it’s due time for us (and you) to own one.
5. The white button-down. Or button-up, but either way you look at it, you’re going to need a classic white shirt this year for most of your most-fabulous outfits. Paired with black bottoms, multi-textured shorts and printed pants, or tucked into diaphanous maxi skirts, there is no wardrobe staple like this one. The designer interpretations of the white shirt ran the gamut, but as seen at Jil Sander, it’s never been hotter to wear a crisp white shirt for day or night. Amen.