The 5 Best Gown Colours Of Spring 2013 Couture
Leave black to the presenters — this awards season, we want to see Hollywood’s big winners light up the red carpet in lots of colour, and the joyous rainbow of colour in the spring 2013 couture collections is a sure sign we’re in luck. From Christian Dior to Elie Saab, we can’t wait until some of our most daring stars get their hands on these spectacular gowns. Hitting every angle of the spectrum, here are our top five bold hues from the spring 2013 couture collection runways.
1. Brilliant yellow at Dior. Nothing about yellow says slow down when it’s this saturated in citrus. The unexpected cutout and bold Dior volume of this gown make it one we’d love to spot on the Oscars red carpet.
2. Valentino Red as only Valentino can do, but this time in a gorgeous decadent floral, would look stunning on the red carpet, don’t you think?
3. Chanel gives lavender its wings. Though Karl Lagerfeld opted for a mainly neutral palette in typical black and white Chanel fashion, with the odd hint of blush, it was this grape ice confection we most want to see on one of the most risk-taking stars.
4. Elie Saab’s back with ethereal powder blue, and we think it’s an especially gorgeous hue in embellished sheer lace. A Hollywood goddess would wow in this delicate, sweet gown.
5. Emerald at Armani Prive shows us why the rich green hue is the Pantone colour of 2013. This combination of green and black is a graphic masterpiece. But who could pull this off for a red carpet? Tell us what you think.