London Fashion Week Standouts On Our Wish-List For Spring 2013
Fall may be the present season, but fashion’s all about future and our futures are looking London chic. Last week we showed you the looks we were mad about from the New York shows. Now we’ve hopped the pond for just as much fantasy with our editor’s picks for most want-worthy looks from the Spring 2013 collections at London Fashion Week. Can we get a few ooohs and ahhhs about these fab favourites? (It was hard to pick just five!)
1. Mary Katrantzou‘s digital prints evoke pure whimsy and fantasy in us, and the Spring 2013 collection was no exception. Our favourite look? This dress combined a few trends we’re forecasting for next spring- below-the-knee hems, bird motifs (seen also at Thakoon) and neon-focused prints. Delicious.
2. Erdem- one of our loved London-based Canadian designer darlings- never fails to give life to a whimsical palette and powerful pieces with girly touches. Of all the prints and digital prints at LFW this week, we may be sweetest on this pale spring frock.
3. Burberry Prorsum showed this metallic blue trench, and need we say more? We simply can’t stop staring at this look, willing our bank account to expand greatly over the next few seasons before this heartstopper becomes available. We mean, come on!
4. Osman gave us structure, cut-outs, a peplum silhouette — and that was just the top half! Combined with trousers in a metallic pastel pink, this look is what we picture the heavy hitting fashionistas of London stepping out in next spring. Can we be one of ‘em? Pretty please?
5. Christopher Kane, one of the Brit “it” boys, was another designer who showed that citrusy lemonade pastels, sheer transparencies and bejewelled embellishment are all set to leave a mark on fashion next spring. This two-piece, lemon meringue, jewelled look gives us the best kind of chills. It’s this kind of confection that makes us long for spring before summer 2012 is (techinically) even over!