Bikinis are a given. Sunscreen should be a given. Now what else are you forgetting to pack for your fashionable spring break getaway? We know your wardrobe any other day is as style-conscious as they get, but when packing for a beach vacation we fashion lovers can tend to leave our style at home, opting for basic tanks and short shorts when we’re clearly capable of so much more. Don’t sacrifice your unique sense of style and flair for the dramatic just because you’re planning to have some sand in your sandals. Instead, follow our Mara Hoffman Spring 2013 inspired list for the five fashion must-haves for your upcoming spring break voyage. (Warning: bikinis are assumed, therefore missing from our round-up.)
1. Cropped Bralet. Your pretty beach wavy hair and glowing skin will be as sumptuous as the sunshine on your face in a crop top and high-waist skirts, shorts, pants or sarongs. Bring seven if you must, or go for this versatile and feminine one.
2. Printed Maxi. Skirts are great toppers for bikinis, and actually we prefer them to dresses as our go-to beach cover ups. With a brightly printed maxi skirt, you can create outfits galore, and be comfortable. Make sure the waist is high if you’ll be baring a sliver of tummy in a crop top, bandeau or bralet.
3. Neutral Sandals. It’s important to press the fact that neutral need not mean boring. Choose tan, gold or metallic sandals or gladiators with a tiny wedge at the back (for support and comfort) and you will thank us when they return from your beach vacation worn down and full of memories. These DVF may be third on our list, but we’d wager they’re the one thing you will be happiest you brought.
4. Sheer Bright Lipstick. Makeup may not be on the top of your to-pack list, but one item shouldn’t be left behind and it’s the bright punch of sheer lip colour provided by our fun orange Nars pick. Your skin will be radiant, hair glorious, and your pout will have the perfect statement-making shade.
5. Bold Bracelets. We’ve made an observation from past beach getaways, and it’s that we rarely wear rings, earrings or necklaces during our vacation. Maybe it’s to blend in with the neon all-inclusive bracelet, or the gypsy attitude we possess upon landing in a hot climate, but colourful bracelets are every beach bum’s go-to accessory to add a bit of boho fun to a beach look or bikini. Hey, two little strips of fabric is an “outfit” too! Happy jet-setting!
[Photo via Style.com]
Tags: beach fashion tips, how to look good at the beach, how to look stylish at the beach, how to look thin on the beach, how to look thinner on the beach, spring break beach fashion, what to wear on the beach