When high fashion goes affordable…we go insane with happiness! Nothing makes a fashion lover on a budget’s heart speed up like diffusion lines and designer collaborations with high street retailers like Topshop and H&M, or department stores like Target. We remember one of our first forays into this other-worldly idea when we copped a navy and white chain-print Proenza Schouler for Target tank way back in our teen years. Still can’t toss that treasure! Then Missoni and Jason Wu for Target happened. Lanvin, Versace and Marni came to H&M. This fall, the love keeps spreading with more wait-in-line worthy collaborations. We’ve got our fave five for fall here.
1. Anna Dello Russo‘s accessories line for the commonly collaborated-with retail giant H&M was just released online and in stores on October 4nd, and the Italian fashion editor’s opulent, colourful aesthetic is gilded with gold and oh-so Italia. We can’t wait to scoop some of the statement pieces and those cat-eye sunglasses.
2. Edgy Brit designer J.W. Anderson‘s 55-piece capsule for high street staple Topshop combines quirky prints and retro baseball jackets and was released to high praise on September 14th. Your nearby Topshop all sold out of the girly, fun pieces? Worry not- there will be a follow up collection early next year!
3. Oh, holy night. Target + Neiman Marcus + CFDA? This is huge. Legendary. It’s hitting Target and Neiman Marcus, and December 1st can’t come fast enough. Target is teaming up with Neiman Marcus to collaborate with 24 CFDA designers including Marc Jacobs, Oscar De La Renta, Diane Von Furstenberg, Marchesa and Altuzarra (just to name a few, right?) on a holiday collection featuring women’s and men’s fashion, home decor and more. Santa, baaaby?
4. Online giant eBay isn’t going to miss out on the holiday collection buzz, joining forces with seven designers – Tibi, Ruffian, Jonathan Adler, Fallon, Chris Benz, Steven Alan and Billy Reid– for a collection available on the site’s Fashion Vault. Pieces will be available online November 12 for $50-$100.
5. We’ll keep Maison Martin Margiela for H&M marked on our calendars for November 15th, because such a day must be kept free for any fashion lover. The highly anticipated capsule will feature re-editions of designs by the label, with pieces for both men and women.