Knits, flat boots, denim, leather, fur and all things cozy. Fall fashion has a story of its very own, perhaps more than any other season of style. Though these ingredients are delicious additions to your autumn look, it’s not always that simple. With so much texture and so many new trends to choose from, we can still take a lesson from these fall fashion commandments. Follow along, avoid the common mistakes, and fall will just be that much sweeter (and more chic!)
1. Do invest in a sleek, comfortable, warm, versatile pair of flat boots NOW! Snow boots won’t cut it for style, stilettos won’t cut it for practicality. These will save you!
2. Don’t spend too much money on cable knits in trendy colours and silhouettes. They won’t be in style next fall, so instead, go for a cream or black, good quality semi-chunky knit in a very classic pullover style.
3. Do get your trends in through lower-price but adorable pieces, like a pretty bordeaux bow-neck blouse, peplum dress, or a cool printed pair of pants.
4. Don’t budget when it comes to your coats. A gorgeous, tailored, well made black wool trench-style is the one we’re thinking of shelling out some dough on this year. It will be worth it- you’ll see!
5. Do wear colour! Just because gothic black is in, and neons are tucked in the back of the closet, it doesn’t mean you should wash your wardrobe out completely in neutrals. Don some bright royal blue, jewel tones, wine hues, emerald green, and ahh, even magenta.
6. Don’t forget the accessories. A fall look is not complete without some add-ons you never could have pulled off in summer. We’re addicted to wide-brim wool fedoras in black, bordeaux or camel, and huge, oversized knit scarves. (TIP: Buy two of the same knit scarf at a chain store and sew them together! Instant huge volume!)
7. Do get organized. Arrange your closet according to the things you wear most and the fact you will likely layer daily. Separate under layers (tees, basics, tanks), blouses, blazers, sweaters and coats. This will make getting dressed a cinch!
8. Don’t listen to old fashioned fashion “rules” (fashion and rules shouldn’t go in the same sentence without the hint of sarcasm), such as the white after labour day demand. White looks are so on-trend for fall, just pair with fur and leather for a heavy dose of warmth.
9. Do recycle summer favourites. Those leather shorts will look amazing with textured tights, ankle boots, a cute swingy knit and a trench-style coat to top it off.
10. Don’t forget where to find the best tips on getting celebrity looks, runway trends and how to wear them for less, and how to wear some of fall’s biggest trends…that’s right. Real Style Network will get you through the chilly seasons seamlessly and in boundless style!
Photo Courtesy Of Style.com