Sensual, sexy, luxurious, fantastical. Italian designed fashion has been intoxicating the front row for as long as its been in production for those four reasons (aren’t they reason enough?) Fashion week in Milan has once again proven why we lust after designers like Bottega Veneta, Roberto Cavalli, Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo and Dolce & Gabbana. These Spring 2012 collections aren’t those of minimalism, sportiness or androgyny — rather, the sex appeal of a woman is heightened to epic proportions by these delicious looks in colour, texture, lace, and leather. We can’t imagine Italy any other way. Here are our picks for five of the looks we most yearn to touch, feel, wear and own.
1. Bottega Veneta gives us sleek, sexy and modern with this goddess worthy dress. We think the vertical stripes, corset-style top and the movement of the skirt would flatter figures from boyish to curvy.
2. Salvatore Ferragamo brings sexy and tough together with this leather look which, though minimalist, is heavy on luxury and needs no introduction. This girl is badass.
3. Roberto Cavalli gave us just as much strength and sophistication with quite the opposite of black leather- white lace pants and a buttoned up white shirt (our must have piece for next spring) need not be skin-baring to emit electricity. We LOVE these pants for their intricacy.
4. Dolce & Gabbana‘s collection screamed Sicily. Baskets turned into prints turned into stripes, and into rhythmic combinations of primary colours. We are never dissapointed by the music made by the art that is Dolce & Gabbana’s purely Italian flair.
5. Gucci‘s saturated colour for this season involved none of the past seasons’ colour blocking, rather, committing to one punch-you-in-the-face hue per look, and we loved the parade of bold looks. We’ve always loved a long-sleeved cocktail dress that bares lots of leg and little else, and this is arguably the sexiest loose turtleneck piece ever made due to the intensity of colour and proportion.
Tags: dolce & gabbana spring 2013, gucci spring 2013, milan fashion week september 2013, milan fashion week spring 2013, roberto cavalli spring 2013, top looks from milan fashion week, trends for spring 2013