Just because you love high fashion doesn’t mean you can afford it — but that doesn’t mean you can’t look like you just stepped off the runway in the season’s most sought after trends. Want to look the part of fall fashionista? Don’t worry about budget. We’ve got the five trends that you can get for under $15. Don’t believe it? Look no further.
1. Detachable Collars are the big accessory for fall thanks to designer lines like 3.1 Phillip Lim (above), but you don’t have to pay designer prices to add these adorable collars to your wardrobe. Pair one of these affordable collars with a simple knit pullover and coloured denim for a fresh look. Charlotte Russe, $12.50, Forever 21, $9.80, or Alloy, $12.90.
2. Wine lips were just one of the many things in the deep-burgundy hue on runways (like Gucci, above) for fall. The cheapest way to look high fashion this autumn is by trying out one of these lipstick shades with a cute leather jacket and your favourite boots. Maybelline Superstay Wine And Forever, $9, Revlon Matte Wine Not, $8 or Topshop Lips Beguiled, $15.
3. Statement Jewelry just added to the opulence of this fall’s fashion aesthetic. Dramatic necklaces, bracelets and belts at Lanvin (above) inspired us to find powerful pieces that fit in your budget. Pile on these rare affordable gems with printed, maximalist looks and lace. Asos Cameo Earrings, $8.75, H&M Bracelet, $14.95 or Forever 21 Bib Necklace, $9.80.
4. The Pale Nail in shades of nude and cream took over on runway models’ hands for fall from designers like Emilio Pucci (above). Lucky for you, not only will these perfectly smooth nude lacquers not break the bank- they won’t even put a chip it. Butter London Pink Ribbon, $14, L’Oreal Walk On The Beach, $5.99, or OPI Samoan Sand, $8.
5. Faux Fur and fur accents popped up on bags and clothing at shows such as Oscar De La Renta, (above) to accompany such luxe fall textures as lace and leather. The touches of fur, even if they’re faux accessories like these, will fluff up any outfit this autumn. Forever 21 Palm Warmers, $12.80, Asos Long Cuffs, $8.62, or River Island Scarf, $7.76.