Fall may just be approaching, but the Spring 2013 shows began in New York this past week to our delight. Though our minds may be geared toward our fall must-haves, we can’t help but stick our stamp of approval on the spring looks we are already coveting for next year.
1. Alexander Wang‘s collection was, as he described, “Tron”-like. But we liken the collection of black, white and silver power-pieces more to something from our deepest fashion dreams. We’re starting our fitness and skin regimes now for the goddess-meets-futurism white and transparent cut-out looks like this one.
2. Thakoon was one of the few designers who opted for prints, as most seemed ready to move on from the past seasons’ many patterns. We’re happy the decision resulted in this birdcage inspired look with the perfect combination of whimsy and polish.
3. Jason Wu brought us back in time with his collection , while many of his counterparts remained purely geared to the future. The leather and lace, tough-meets-soft aesthetic will always appeal to our senses, and this theatrical look was one of our favourites.
4. Marc Jacobs blended fun, past and future with an Edie Sedgewick vibe in full-on modern pieces. Black and white, a clear emerging trend for Spring 2013, took over Marc Jacobs in stripes, while sleek leather (a continuing standout for spring) popped up on pieces like this stunning coat we loved.
5. Oscar De La Renta brought fun and colour to an otherwise monochromatic week of shows, but still, the look we loved the most from the feminine runway show was subdued in terms of hue. These glistening pants and head-to-toe metallics won us over, though. We want!
Tags: best looks from new york fashion week, new york fashion week, New York Fashion Week September 2012, new york fashion week's top trends, spring 2013 fashion, spring 2013 fashion trends, spring 2013 runway