As you Gleek/fashionista hybrids out there anticipate the big season premiere tomorrow night, we know you’ll be just as excited to see what Rachel Berry will be wearing in New York as you are for the musical performances. Since Glee’s beginning, the fashion at William McKinley High has been a mix of out-there costume and classroom casual — and we’ve got our five all time favourite looks from seasons past.
1. Rachel In Red. Lea Michele’s look as Rachel Berry in last season’s finale was retro, perfect for her journey to New York, and more ladylike and sophisticated than ever for this farewell-to-McKinley episode. It makes us wonder what grown-up looks we’ll see her in this season!
2. Quinn’s Purple Prom Dress. Quinn technically won title of Prom Queen in this episode, where she triumphed after her accident left her unable to walk and in a wheelchair for the big night. But Quinn (Dianna Agron) gave the crown to Rachel, making this purple frock even more memorable.
3. The Wedding Gown. Rachel’s Audrey Hepburn-inspired wedding dress showed us what the show’s leading lady might have looked like if she did marry sweetheart Finn (Cory Monteith). Even though they never ended up getting hitched, we can’t forget this conservative, prim, oh-so-Rachel gown.
4. The Madonna Episode. In “The Power Of Madonna” episode, the cast get Madge-ified in corset tops reminiscent of the pop icon’s cone bras, dramatic hair and makeup and androgynous blazers.
5. The Sexy New (York) Rachel. Season 4 is upon us, and of all the Glee fashion moments, we’re most anxious to feast our eyes on Rachel’s New York makeover. Her style is sure to be a little more city and a lot more sexy- like in this still from the upcoming Britney 2.0 episode.