Denim isn’t only for blue jeans anymore- and it’s not always blue, either. Our editors have picked the top five unique denim pieces you will covet for your fall wardrobe.
1. The Denim Shirt. These days no closet is complete without the requisite denim or chambray shirt or two. Faded and fitted, ours has turned into a wardrobe staple over the past few seasons. It’s perfect paired with a prairie-esque maxi skirt and rustic boots, and effortless with coloured denim and a leather topper. Feminine, flattering and Burberry? Even better. Shop The Look: Burberry Brit Denim Shirt, $224, Farfetch
2. Jeanie In A Backpack. Gone are the sportish Jansport packs, making way for boho chic back-slung bags in leather and worn denim like this Topshop one. Shop The Look: Acid Wash Backpack with Trim, $68, Topshop
3. Maroon 5-Pocket. The hottest blue jeans for fall? Not blue at all. Coloured denim continues to reign, but the new shades for autumn are deeper in wine, maroon (like these 2nd day jeans) and bordeaux variations, or deep greens, cognac and black coated. Shop The Look: 2nd Day Maroon Coated Overdyed Sally Jeans, $193, Stylebop
4. She Shall Dress In Denim. We love an effortless denim shirtdress like this Current/Elliot one in a faded wash and layered up with a cable knit crop over top, flat boots and a preppy ponytail. School of perfection. Shop The Look: Current/Elliot The Sarah Denim Shirt Dress, $126, The Outnet
5. Crop Circles. This trend goes around and around and comes back ever so mighty once in a while- the cropped, boyfriend style jeans we love are going to be huge this season, and we don’t just mean the substantial, baggy silhouette. These dark J Brands can be dressed up or down depending on your class schedule. Shop The Look: J Brand Denim Capri Jeans, $200, Mytheresa