Serena Van Der Woodsen is infamous for her boho-chic vibe, mixing elements of classic couture with vintage inspired pieces. We love her fearless fashion sense and ability to look effortless and cool. Her signature look is easy to achieve with a few basic elements that are staples in her wardrobe. While she loves a mix of body-bearing mini dresses, chunky necklaces, and bright handbags, she almost never leaves home without a beautifully tailored jacket. From trench coats to leather jackets there isn’t a style that Serena doesn’t fabulously pull off. Check out our top 5 favourite jackets throughout the seasons!
Related Link: Best Dressed Celebs On TV
1. We love the pop of colour against the monochromatic graphic print! Serena is never one to shy away from colour, and we are crazy about the gorgeous bright coral blazer mixed with the sporadic addition of mint green accessories. The cropped blazer shape looks perfect with the girly silhouette of the tank and skirt, and the bright hue is clearly meant to stand out against the ensemble.
2. While she usually gravitates towards casually chic ensembles, Serena also has a very glamorous side. She loves sequins and embellishment and this gold blazer is no exception! This might be one of our favourite looks she has ever worn from the metallic jacket to the blue pants the outfit is unexpected yet perfectly coordinated.
3. While she currently favours trench coats and blazers, in the first season Serena was regularly seen sporting a leather jacket over her Constance uniform. Our personal favourite was this camel coloured coat with pockets and buckles. She looks put together and comfortable in her schoolgirl attire and the jacket adds to her upscale yet laidback persona.
4. This charming purple and white pinstripe blazer with metallic bouillon crest was the perfect topper to an otherwise basic ensemble. Serena looks college-ready in this Lauren by Ralph Lauren “Goodman” blazer paired with a deep V-neck blouse, classic blue jeans, tall boots, and a forest green bag. The knee-high boots, skinny jeans, and coloured bag are classic Serena pieces, but we love that she shocks us a little with a very preppy element.
5. Serena is always one to make an entrance, and you certainly can’t miss her in this sunny yellow trench coat. Smartly paired with an all black ensemble, the brightly hued coat definitely takes centre stage in this outfit.
Photos Courtesy of: The CW
Tags: blake lively, Gossip Girl style, Serena blue dress, Serena van der woodsen, Serena van der woodsen style, Serena van der Woodsen's Best Fashion, Serena van der Woodsen's Best Looks, Serena van der Woodsen's Best Outfits, Serena’s Top 5 Jackets