Pencils, paper, forget it- these fashion must-haves should be on top of your back to school list. (Besides, you’ll probably take notes on your tablet or laptop). If you’re going back to high school, college or university in September, or even if you just like the feeling of new things for fall, you can’t go without these five essentials. You’ll be prepared to learn and look good at the same time — who could ask for more?
1. A cropped knit sweater. A swingy, cozy knit is the perfect sweater to go with any outfit and keep you warm and comfortable this fall. In a neutral hue, this 360 sweater version will look great paired with your favourite jeans or coloured denim. It’s on versatile piece you can throw on any day of the week.
2. Bold neon gym sneakers. You’ll need running shoes for gym class, and our favourites are the trendy bright neon styles like these Nike ones in electric turquoise and neon green.
3. Jeans in fall’s hot wine colour. Coloured denim is still around, but this season it’s time to go a bit darker with fall fashion’s most potent trend- wine hues. The bordeaux Victoria Beckhams will look great for school with knits, leather jackets, tucked into tall boots or with fun printed and brocade jackets.
4. A fun and functional timepiece. Don’t be late for class this early on in the school year, or at all with a sporty and stylish bright hued watch like this Kenzo one in a pretty periwinkle blue shade.
5. A quirky backpack. Though we still love us a vintage Jansport, the new style for backpacks is canvas, printed and boho chic. Effortless stripes and a slouchy shape make this Topshop bag the perfect book carrier.
Shop The Look: 360 Sweater Knit Crop Sweater, $156, Farfetch
Shop The Look: Victoria Beckham Power Skinny Jeans, $155, Farfetch
Shop The Look: Monochrome Striped Backpack, $68, Topshop
Shop The Look: Nike Flex Experience Running Shoes, $65, Zappos
Shop The Look: Kenzo Honolulu Watch, $194, Forzieri
Tags: Back to school essentials, back to school fashion, back to school style, fall 2012 fashion trends, fall fashion 2012, trendy back to school fashion, what to wear for back to school, what you need for back to school