From the runways and international fashion icons to your favourite celebs, footwear this season is all about one tiny strip of fabric- the ankle strap. We’re not talking the slingback’s dainty heel strap or the sweet Mary Jane, rather, this trend is all about the wraparound ankle buckle. Whether you choose on-trend pointy-toe pumps or spring-ready pastel wedges, just make sure you go for one of our five favourite ankle strap heel styles:
1. Ultimate comfort and inches of height to boot- we’ve become addicted to wedges and are pleased as punch to have a new spin on them for 2012 with pastel and ankle-strapped styles like these to-die-for Mark And James sage wedges.
2. Pastel colour-blocking is one of our most sought-after trends for this spring, and these picture perfect pink, yellow and blue See By Chloe ‘Bilbao’ heels are like the fashion-lover’s Easter basket delight.
3. Indigo heels make a striking impact in place of boring black for spring 2012, and we adore the yummy blueberry hue, ankle strap, round toe and suede of these Michael Antonio wedges.
4. Colour-blocked cranberry, tangerine and gold and a peep of the toe make these Audrey Brooke Beauty Pumps your perfect, fruity-hued showstoppers to wear with any of spring’s coveted fit-and-flare dress styles.
5. The pointy-toe pump is back, and we love how fresh and modern it looks with the added ankle detail and black leather of these Nine West Footnote Pumps.
Tags: ankle strap heels, ankle strap pumps, ankle strap shoes, Audrey Brooke Beauty Pumps, footwear, Mark And James wedges, Michael Antonio wedges, Nine West pumps, retro shoes, See By Chloe 'bilbao' heels, shoes, Spring 2012 footwear, Spring 2012 shoe trends, spring 2012 shoes