For the past year, Alexander Wang has been the must have, must see designer. A collection based upon classic essentials with a cool edge, we love the neutral palette of his Resort 2011 collection. A mix of textures and interesting cuts ensure that a simple black and white combo is anything but boring. Hard-working items that give more bang-for-your-buck earn extra points with us. With that in mind, we were thrilled to see black socks give extra mileage to cropped pants and sandals. Cozy layers are perfect for the cold weather but come spring, we’ll ditch the socks & the cardigan. You can buy Alexander Wang at Shopbop or Holt Renfrew. Here is our inspired by Alexander Wang ‘Get The Look For Less’ choices:
Inspired by Alexander Wang Shopping Guide:
1. Bluefly, Hayden Cable Knit Cashmere Cardigan, $212.50 – A cable knit cardigan lets you wear this resort look in the chilly winter months.
2. Old Navy, Roll-Up Camp Shirt, $14.99 – Stock up with affordable white button down shirts for each day.
3. Yoox, Innue Leather Bag, $245.00 – A small leather satchel with a studded bottom completes your professional attire well.
4. Allsaints, Elita Trousers, $105.00 – These high waist, harem style trousers will give you the same look as Alexander Wang’s designer pants.
5. Shoebuy, Diba Back Down Sandal, $54.00 – A pair of strappy black patent sandals will work right through the summer.
[Photo via Alexander Wang]
Tags: Alexander Wang, Alexander Wang fashion, alexander wang resort, fashion designer, fashion trends, inspired by, resort 2011, Resort Collection, resort fashion, resort fashion trend, winter fashion