If your man is paying you back for all of those romantic comedies you’ve been making him watch by going to see The Expendables 2, we have a few tips for girls out there on how to enjoy this new action packed film.
1. Don’t get hung up on storyline – The basic plot to Expendables 2 is pretty simple, Don’t worry if you haven’t seen the original. This whole gang of crime fighting missionaries for hire is back with some new faces. Bruce Willis’ character is still upset about being ripped off from the last movie and wants them to do another job for him. They are sent to recover a mysterious black box from an airplane crash, but have to find it before the evil villains get to it first. Let the hand-to-hand combat, gun fighting and explosions begin.
2. Don’t take it too seriously – It’s clear from the way Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Chuck Norris are cracking jokes about themselves and each other that these guys are not taking the non-stop action and their own on screen personas seriously, so you shouldn’t either. Let yourself enjoy all of the cheesy one-liners, because no one else is taking it seriously.
3. Enjoy the action for what it is – Don’t look into this film for something more. Take the explosions and fight scenes at face value. Cheer when the whole crew role into town and kill the Chinese military extremists. Get excited when Jason Statham loads the missiles into the airplane’s cannon. Minus a few necessary conversations to move the plot forward, this is non-stop action so enjoy it while you can.
4. Get impressed by the stunts – Your boyfriend or date will be so impressed when you can find a few stunts that truly impressed you. While you might not like the violence (because there is a lot of blood flying), the action that these guys are delivering is high-impact. Whether you love Jet Li’s fast paced kung-fu or Stallone’s huge explosions, your guy will love that you can appreciate the action.
5. Remember girls kick butt too – This time the Expendables are joined by Maggie (Nan Yu), who can rock just as hard as the guys. With a machine gun and some special torture weapons, it’s great to see her hanging with the big boys and not getting all caught up on romance.
6. When all else fails enjoy Liam Hemsworth and Jason Statham – Alongside all of the older actors who are past their prime, you have the fresh young face of Miley Cyrus’ fiancée and Jason Statham’s gritty British accent to melt the hearts of every girl in the theatre.