If you haven’t traded in your summery scents for something more warm for winter, you might want to get on it! The snow is here, and no one wants to smell like a peach when they aren’t in season. Don’t know where to start? Lost amidst the smells of vanilla and sandalwood? This list will provide you with a little direction.
Winter perfumes tend to be spicier and more complex than summer fragrances, but that doesn’t mean you should shy away. The cold weather allows for you to be bolder with your scent, because the lack of summer heat means your fragrance won’t linger as long which means you have to be a little more daring in order to make an impact. So when you find something you love, don’t be afraid to double up with the matching scented lotion to give yourself more staying power.
1) Nibble on a bit of that ginger bread house with this delicious sent from Jo Malone appropriately titled, Nutmeg and Ginger. This fragrance is warm, and zesty with scents of sandalwood, nutmeg and ginger. Sounds like a seasoned winter treat? We think so too.
Jo Malone’s Nutmeg & Ginger Cologne (3.4 oz.) $110.00, nordstrom.com
2) Heat things up with this spicy self named Roberto Cavalli perfume. Best described as sexy, sensual and wild, this sent will leave them reeling. Notes of pink peppercorn, orange flower, and mirabelle plum come together to intoxicate, use with caution!
Roberto Cavalli by Roberto Cavalli (2.5oz) $85.00
3) Party underneath the mistletoe with Guerlain’s Little Black Dress fragrance. With notes of black rose, black cherry and liquorice this scent is perfect for those dress up holiday gatherings, as it’s both festive and feminine.
Guerlain’s La Petite Robe Noire (1.6oz) $80.00
4) Dash through the snow with Giorgio Armani’s Armani code Pour Femme. Made with orange blossom, jasmine, vanilla. This sent is sweet, but intense; depend on it to last for hours.
Giorgio Armani, Armani code Pour Femme (1.7oz) $65.00
5) Honour tradition with Chanel’s beloved No.5 fragrance. This sent is a classic for a reason, as it has all the essential notes of a perfect go-to fragrance. With sparkling ylang-yland, neroli and a woody base of sandalwood and vetvier how could a girl go wrong?
Chanel No.5 (1.7) $98.00
Photos Courtesy of: Roberto Cavalli, Armani, Chanel, Guerlain, Jo Malone