With Paris Fashion Week behind us and a season full of exciting trends to look forward to for spring/summer 2013, it seems that the world of haute couture is always one step ahead of the game. While it may not be anywhere close to the upcoming season yet, here are some popular Fashion Week beauty looks to help distract you from the chill in the October air. Enjoy!
1. Bold eyeliner: Defined liner in bold with a certain edge made an appearance at Paris shows, with renowned designers such as Nina Ricci, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Stella McCartney (above) all adopting the trend on the runway. Makeup looks at Paris shows were glamorous and classic, with a tendency towards 1990′s-style cosmetic trends (such as both matte foundation and lip colour).
2. Red lipstick: Scarlet lips were featured on models of all skin tones and complexions, as red seems to be the colour of the moment. In a shift from the recent glossy high-shine look, this year’s red lipstick has a muted finish. Matte lips were seen at Haider Ackerman and Rochas (above) on the runways.
3. Nude and natural nails: In addition to the appropriately French manicures at Chanel, fingers backstage at A.F Vandevorst were au naturel with the sleek shine of M.A.C. nude polish. The nail colour contrasted well against the other more statement looks, like the brazen eye makeup on display. This is a trend everyone can try easily, for a no-fuss and at home manicure!
Related Link: Return Of The French Manicure At Chanel
4. Gravity-Defying Hair – As usual, hairstyles at Vivienne Westwood (above) were eccentric, unique, and extravagant. The designer took cue from her new Global Exotic collection, and multicultural textures and influences were used in styling models. Westwood’s show dazzled audiences with high-volume halos of spiral curls, sophisticated bouffants, and sleek quiffs. It may be too early to see if any of these will translate well in reality, but she was able to take Fashion Week by storm.
5. Eyeshadow in Bright Citrus Tones: Inspired by the fresh fruit, glowing colours, and general upbeat vibe of spring, citrus eyeshadow promises to be a fascinating addition to your makeup kit. Colour pairings at Manish Arora were unusual yet flattering- neon orange has never been combined with a lime green quite like this before!
Photos Courtesy of: Style.com
Tags: 2013 Beauty Trends, Beauty Trends, Biggest Beauty Trends From Paris Fashion Week, Paris Fashion Feek Beauty Trends, paris fashion week, Paris Fashion Week Beauty Trends, Spring 2013 Beauty Trends, spring beauty trends, Spring/Summer 2013 Beauty Trends