Fall 2012 is quickly becoming the season for dramatic eyes as runways have been boasting over-the-top, edgy designs. Black liner gave eyes new graphic shapes at Lanvin, Georgio Armani and Altuzarra with spaced out liner and heavily winged lines for a non-traditional look. Graphic eyeliner has instantly become one of the “it” trends to try for the season and we approve! Graphic liner can be a classic look but is one that is revamped with each coming season. In order to achieve a wearable yet modern look we have provided you with some tips on how to create a winged out line that can be as subtle or as exaggerated as you see fit.
Related Link: Gossip Girl Beauty Trend: Eyeko Eyeliner
1. You can use either a liquid eyeliner or gel cream liner to create the look. Whichever you prefer, just make sure that the brush is razor thin to create a precise line. We suggest L’Oreal’s Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner or Stila Smudge pot.
2. To start, apply a thin line starting from the inner corner and working your way out to just the outer corner following the natural shape of your eye. The trick here is to try to stay as close to the lashline as possible.
3. Take your brush and draw a small line from the outer corner of your original line angling upwards towards the end of your brow. Hint: If you’re having trouble figuring out the right angle for the wing, imagine that your lower lashline extended upwards. That is the angle you want to focus on. For a more dramatic look extend the line longer and for a subtler look keep it shorter.
4. Now you need to connect the wing to the original line so that it flows smoothly. Start just under the tip of the wing and draw along the original line making it thicker towards the outer corner and thinner at the inner corner.
5. You can go over it a few times to ensure that the line is smooth and as thick as you want it.
6. Finish with some heavy mascara and enjoy!
Related Link: Winged Eyeliner – A Fall Beauty Trend
Check out this video for a full demonstration on how to create the look:
Photo Courtesy of: Pinterest
Tags: Graphic Eyeliner, Graphic Eyeliner 2012, Graphic Eyeliner Beauty Trend, Graphic Eyeliner Fall 2012, Graphic Eyeliner How To, Graphic Eyeliner Trend, Graphic Eyeliner Tutorial, Graphic Liner, How To Get Graphic Eyeliner, How To Get The Fall's Hottest Look: Graphic Eyeliner, How To Graphic Eyeliner