Whether you’re going to a party or simply spending the day running errands, long and defined lashes are a great way to enhance and widen your eyes. False eyelashes are often thought of as appropriate for the red carpet only, but we are going to show you just how versatile they can be. The trick is to keep them looking as natural as possible so that they are acceptable for both a glamorous night out and for your daily routine. It can be a little bit tricky, so we have provided you with some simple steps to follow that will ensure flawless eyelash application every time.
For a Night Out:
1. Start by taking the lashes out of the pack and measuring them to your lash line. The eyelashes will probably extend beyond your natural shape so you must cut them to the actual length of your eye. The lashes will be shorter on one end (for the inner corner of your eye) and longer on the other (for the outer corner of your eye). Make sure to cut the longer end of the lashes, not the end that is going to be placed on the inside of your eye.
2. Take either a very small brush or a toothpick and swipe your lash adhesive thinly onto the base of the first lash. Let it dry a bit until it is sticky and not completely liquid.
3. With a pair of tweezers place the lash onto your eye, bringing it as close to the natural lash line as you can. If it is too high it will look like you have two sets of eyelashes so make sure you really get the false lashes as close as you can to your real lashes.
4. Once you are sure that it is in a good spot, push lightly on the base of the lashes to ensure that they are stuck on well. Remember to put pressure on both corners so that they don’t lift throughout the night.
5. If you feel that the lash line needs a little more definition, sweep a liquid liner over top of the base of the false lashes once they are fully secured to your actual eye.
6. Lastly, apply a thin layer of mascara to ensure that your real lashes blend in with the fake ones.
For your everyday look:
1. For a subtler look, try false eyelashes that are packaged individually rather than as one strip. This will allow you to control how many you want to put on and how concentrated you want the lashes to be. If you can’t find ones that are already cut into individual lashes, you can buy full lashes and carefully cut them at the base of the lash line into little pieces.
2. Place a glob of your lash adhesive onto a piece of aluminum foil. With your tweezers lightly dip the individual lash into the glue allowing only a small amount onto the tip of the lash. Let it dry slightly until it is just sticky, not wet.
3. Start at the outer corner of your eye, placing them on individually as spaced out or as close together as you would like. Like before, it is important to get the lash as close to your natural lash line as you can for a natural look. Concentrate on the outer corner of your eye and try not to place any beyond the middle of your lash line.
4. Finish with mascara to bond the lashes with your real lashes.
Tip: For easy removal simply take a gentle, oil-free makeup remover and apply it to a cotton ball or cotton pad. Lightly dab and press it into the lash line and the eyelashes should come off easily and painlessly.
Of course basic black false lashes are ideal for your everyday use, but if you feel like having a little bit of fun at your next costume party, try rocking one of these funky lashes—no one will be able to stop talking about it!