In her upcoming movie, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, Keira Knightley takes the crimped hairstyle we all loved as youngsters to a modern and mature place. Don’t worry though, you don’t have to get your crimping iron out to copy this casual summer hairstyle. See how to get crimped waves in your hair with these simple steps.
1. Wash your hair as normal before bed. Use your regular shampoo and conditioner. Towel dry and brush.
2. Braid all of your damp hair into tight braids. The tighteness of the braids will directly reflect how your hair looks. Keep the braids tight for Keira’s crimped look. Loose braids will result in waves not crimping.
3. Sleep with your wet braids overnight.
4. Wake up and undo all of the braids. Do not brush or comb! Simples us your fingers to loosen the braids out. You should let your hair air dry, but you can use a blow dryer (we love Sephora’s affordable Travel Dryer for just $39 if you aren’t an avid user). Make sure you use the cool setting on your hair. No heat!
5. If needed you can spray on some texturing spray (like Alterna’s Summer Hair Ocean Waves Spray available at Sephora) for a more textured look.
6. Finally use a gentle hair spray to keep your crimped hair in place without getting stiff (Clinique’s Non-Aerosol Hairspray from Nordstrom is a nice light option).
Tags: copy Keira Knightley's hair, crimped hair, hairstyles, how to get crimped hair, Keira Knightley hair, Keira Knightley hairstyle, Keira Knightley waves, Keira Knightley wavy hair, Keira Knightley's hair in Seeking A Friend At The End Of The World