According to the New York Times, the look for 2012 is effortless, minimalist, just-out-of-bed-with-your-lover, according to leading hair and makeup artists. They say that stiff coiffures, overdone eyes, defined lips and matte skin are out. Tousled hair, smudged eyeliner, dewy lips and luminous skin are in.
Use your fingertips instead of traditional brushes and liners to smudge eyeliner, smear bronzer, press bright stains into your cheeks and lips. The application of the makeup is as relaxed as the overall look. Other top makeup and hair tips for 2012 include:
1. Go light with makeup. Use concealer where necessary, but leave the rest of your skin natural.
2. Skip mascara if you can or try it in a blond or red to match your hair colour.
3. Keep brows natural, skip heavy or exaggerated lining.
4. Skip the smoky eye. It’s no longer the ‘must-have’ eye look. Keep the eyes lighter and fresher with soft eye shadow palettes and eye liners.
5. Metallic or wet eyelids are set to incredibly popular.
6. Summer will bring 1970s glam-rock inspiration with makeup in beautiful aqua and gray shades.
7. Keep hair casual and natural. A soft chignon, ponytail or bun will be right on trend.
Tags: 2012 beauty trends, 2012 hair, 2012 hair tips, 2012 makeup, 2012 makeup tips, 2012 ponytail look, beauty trends in makup, chignon for 2012, eye makeup trends, glam rock makeup, hair trends, hot beauty trends, makeup trends, natural brows, natural makeup looks, soft makeup