Get Rooney Mara’s Twisted Braid From The 2016 Golden Globes
Photo: popsugarbeauty on Instagram
At the 73rd Annual Golden Globes at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles, Rooney Mara made a gorgeous beauty statement with an intricate braided hairstyle. The 30-year-old Pan star was a stunning sight with her brunette locks worn in an elaborate plaited updo, which was crafted by celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel. If you’re looking for ways to update your own limp locks this winter, here’s how to achieve Mara’s red carpet hairdo from last night’s awards show.
1) Divide your straightened locks into two ponytails: According to Hollywood Life, Mara’s hair was first styled into two ponytails. To create an inspired hairstyle, comb your tresses and divide your hair into two separate sections. Next, fasten the lower half of your hair into a ponytail at the nape of your neck. Meanwhile, secure the top half into a slick high pony.
2) Add natural texture to your locks: For a hint of texture, try using your fingers to bring a texturized look to your double ponytails. You can also use a texturizing hair product to achieve the desired effect.
3) Begin braiding the top ponytail: Next, braid the high ponytail into an elegant, simple plait. The texturized effect will help to add a slightly carefree yet sleek finish to your style.
4) Plait the two ponytails together for a twisted hairstyle: Once you’ve crafted your top braided ponytail, begin plaiting it into your lower ponytail for an integrated look. At this point, you should have two connected braids. Use a hair elastic to hold your new style in place.
5) Adjust any flyaway strands and add hairspray if needed: After you’ve fastened your red carpet worthy ‘do, carefully slick back any stray strands for an elegant finish. If you have thicker or longer strands, add a spritz of high hold hairspray to keep your braided style looking flawless all night long.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity updates from the week's top stories, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.