Master The Crown Braid Hairstyle- Here’s How
Photo: amberfillerup on Instagram
From the fashion runways to everyday street style, the crown braid has made its mark as a beauty trend to embrace for this holiday season. If you’re looking for a new hairstyle to rock at your next holiday party, style your tresses in this stunning crown braid for an elegant, romantic do that may just be your favourite go-to look for the winter.
- Section off a few front pieces of your hair: Begin your look by taking a few strands of hair from the front to frame the face. Separate these thin locks by sweeping them to the front and pulling the rest of the hair back behind the ears.
- Start on a small section of hair on the side of your head: Part your hair on the right side just above your ear and sweep it over to the left. Then, starting on the right side of the head, grab a small layer of hair from the parting and divide it into three sections.
- Braid down the sides of your ear: Take the three sections and create a regular braid by criss-crossing them over each other. As you braid down the side of your ears, continue to pick up pieces of hair to add on to the braid to make it larger. Continue the braid across the back of your head, making sure to stay close to the hairline, until you’ve reached left side of your nape.
- Rearrange your hands and angle the braid up: To continue, rearrange your hands to the front to make it easier for you to braid up on the other side of the head. Angle the braid up towards your ear and continue to take strands up along your hairline until you’ve reached back across to the right side.
- Pin the loose end of the braid underneath the crown: Once you’ve ran out of pieces to grab, braid the rest of the tail end and secure it with an elastic. Then wrap the tail back around your head and pin it under the crown to hide it. Clean up straggling strands with bobby pins for a sleeker do.
- Style the braid by loosening it up: Finish off your hairstyle by taking the edges of the braid and slightly pulling on it to loosen it up and create a thicker crown.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity updates from the week's top stories, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.