Prettiest DIY Nail Art Ideas To Try Now
For nail addicts who are bored of their classic French tips, Summer 2015’s vibrant and varied nail art ideas will instantly breathe new life into your tired, neutral manicure. From bright, splashy stripes to sweet watermelon inspired designs, here are a few DIY nail art looks to try this season.
Photo: essiepolish on Instagram
1) Rainbow stripes: This fun, eye-catching manicure is created with Essie’s Summer 2015 nail polishes, with shades of pale green Chillato, Peach Side Babe, deep pink Sunset Sneaks, pastel blue Saltwater Happy and marine blue Pret-A-Surfer. The white base colour (which is Essie’s Private Weekend) allows the bold, wavy stripes to make a splash.
Photo: opi_products on Instagram
2) Dainty daisies: Manicurist and YouTube vlogger Hannah Lee (known as Hannah Lee) embraces a summery floral motif with this delicate daisy nail art. To craft the look, Lee used Nicole by OPI’s Southern Charm shade for the base colour and OPI Alpine Snow to add the daisy detail. The tiny daisies were topped off with golden studs from Sally Hansen for a contrasting effect. After applying the nude-pink nail polish, use a dotting tool to add droplets of white polish. Add a clear top coat, and then add the metallic mini studs in the middle of each daisy.
Photo: essiepolish on Instagram
3) Pastel blue colour and white swirls: For Summer 2015, ladylike blues with striking white accents are a winning nail look. This Essie Little Luxuries manicure uses the brand’s Mint Candy Apple shade and Blanc shade for the white detail. To recreate the nail art, apply two coats of the light blue polish for your main colour. Once the polish has dried, use a striping brush to carefully add a thin white loop of white polish across each fingernail. With the striping brush, add a tiny white bow to each of the loops to achieve nail art inspired by a Tiffany gift box.
Photo: onceuponablog.nl on Instagram
4) Sparkles and tiny silver bows: If you’re looking for an easy DIY nail art idea, the look of multicoloured sparkles and silver charms is a quick fix for a girlish manicure. For a similar mani, file each fingernail into a square shape and apply a light turquoise nail polish. Once your first coat has dried, try adding green, pink and blue sparkles to get a birthday cake inspired nail art statement. Use nail glue to secure bow-shaped nail charms to one fingernail on each hand.
Photo: shepaintedherdreams on Instagram
5) Fruity watermelon tips: We are loving this vibrant, refreshing manicure, which uses Essie’s rich red coral Too Too Hot as the base colour. Meanwhile, Essie’s peacock teal Ruffles and Feathers and a hint of pale green Mint Candy Apple make up the watermelon rind. For an inspired look, apply green nail polish near your moons and paint rich red colour over your tips. Once your polish is dry, use a dotting tool and black nail polish to create the look of tiny watermelon seeds on just a few fingernails.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.