Fabulous Green Makeup And Nail Colours For St. Patrick’s Day
With St. Patrick’s Day calling for hints of bewitching emerald and soft, sparkly teal hues, the occasion marks a perfect opportunity to switch up your no makeup look for a festive beauty statement. If you’re heading out on the town, here’s our roundup of gorgeous green eye makeup and nail colour buys to help you embrace the luck of the Irish.
1) SEPHORA COLLECTION Colorful Shimmer Eyeshadow in Picnic in the Park, $16: While we’d advise staying away from lurid green lips (we’re sure daring beauty lovers have attempted this look before), a touch of grassy eyeshadow can go a long way. With its slight shimmer, this shadow is inspired by the colour of fresh grass in the park. To celebrate in style, try pairing a light layer of this shade with winged black liner and pale pink lips.
2) DEBORAH LIPPMANN Glitter Nail Color, Mermaid’s Dream, $20: This pretty mermaid green colour is an ultra-feminine hue enhanced with punchy blue sparkles. If you prefer shimmering fingertips to strong, solid shades, the fresh spring colour scheme can quickly update your plain French manicure just in time for the big night out
3) The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes Palette 22, $22: A mix of luminous light green and blue-green shades can also create a gorgeous smokey eye which will leave you in a party-ready mood. For beauty addicts who prefer subtle green hues to edgy chartreuse, this eyeshadow palette is a mix of shimmery pastels and sophisticated darker greens.
4) Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Ivy Shimmer Ink, $29: For just a pop of rich green, try defining your upper eyelids with a deep emerald gel liner. This eyeliner from Bobbi Brown has a gel-based formula, but aims to offer a liquid liner look.
5) Dolce & Gabbana The Nail Lacquer – Pastel Pop Collection in 713 Grass, $30: If you prefer keeping the bold look of green away from your visage but close at hand, bright nail polish for St. Patty’s may be a winning beauty move. This new and limited edition colour from Dolce & Gabbana is a deep, matte green, which once again is a better beauty look than those vivid emerald lips!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity updates from the week's top stories, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.