Top New Year’s Eve Beauty Trends
As 2015 approaches, it’s officially time to finalize your beauty look for the 31st. Whether you’re hoping to embrace a dainty updo or celebrate in true party-ready style with glossy lips and fierce eyes, New Year’s Eve is the perfect occasion to experiment with both hair and makeup. Here’s our guide to a few beauty trends to try as the year comes to a glittering grand finale:
Photo: michellephan on Instagram
1) Bold berry ombre lips: We’re coveting this holiday lip look from beauty blogger Michelle Phan, who proves that an ombre lip can be worn with absolute sophistication. If you’re sticking to a neutral eye palette of pale pinks and light metallic browns, try applying a deep berry lip colour with a slight ombre effect.
Photo: carlibel on Instagram
2) A touch of shimmer with glittery green eyeshadow: For beauty lovers who are craving high-energy drama for a final night on the town to wrap up 2014, this eye makeup look by Carli Bybel is a flawless step. Apply a pale pink or peach-toned lip and a hint of peachy blush to focus on those luminous lids. If you’re in need of extra shimmer, try gluing on additional sparkles over the striking green eyeshadow.
Photo: katerina_beauty_blog on Instagram
3) Feminine pink lip colour with subtle silver shadow: If your New Year’s Eve plans call for a timeless and understated visage, this look from Katerina Beauty Blog is a gorgeous move. The combination of a punchy pink lip and carefully blended metallic eyelids will flatter any party ensemble for the 31st.
Photo: birchbox (@birchbox) on Twitter
4) An intricate braided twist: While that laidback ponytail may have been perfect for those cozy holiday dinners with family, it’s time to take your locks to the next level. This Dutch Braid Twist Updo from Birchbox is an updated spin on the classic bun. Start by separating your hair into three sections, before plaiting your hair into a high French braid and then wrapping it into an easy updo.
Photo: theodoreleaf on Instagram
5) Sultry bombshell waves: It may be the grand entrance of 2015, but vintage-inspired beauty isn’t going anywhere. Channel your inner Hollywood belle with these seductive waves from Theodore Leaf. With plenty of bounce and a sleek side part, voluminous finger waves will leave you looking like a silver screen star from the past.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity updates from the week's top stories, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.