Master The Smoky Eye Like Demi Lovato
Grace Lee—Lead Makeup Artist for Maybelline New York Canada—is no stranger to dolling ladies up. As the head of the Maybelline New York makeup team at World MasterCard Fashion Week in Toronto, Lee designs and executes the looks for the 30-plus shows, each season. She has also worked backstage at New York and London Fashion Weeks, and travelled globally, applying makeup on the industry’s top models. Here Lee shares her tips to achieving Demi Lovato’s smokin’ smoky eye using cosmetics from Maybelline New York.
1. For clean and consistent coverage, apply Fit Me! Shine Free Foundation to the face. For maximum coverage, apply the product across the forehead and down the t-zone. Proceed by blending outward toward the ears. Use Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer to cover any darkness under the eyes.
3. Apply EyeStudio Color Tattoo Pure Pigments in Bad to the Bronze over the lower eyelid and blend up towards the eyebrows.
4. Apply EyeStudio Master Smoky Longwearing Shadow-Pencil in Black Smoke all around the eyes. Next apply the Master Smoky to the top and bottom of the eyes, and to the water line of the eyes.
5. Blend. Blend. Blend. Layer the black shadow pencil if you are going for a more intense look.
7. Apply Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake to cheeks.
8. Use ColorSensational High Shine Gloss in Luminous Latte on the lips to finish off the look.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.