How To Get Nina Dobrev’s Hair From The Vampire Diaries
As the seductive vampire Katherine Pierce on The Vampire Diaries, Nina Dobrev always has great hair which suits her edgy and alluring alter ego on the show. Here’s a guide to getting Katherine’s full-bodied and flowing brunette locks at home:
1) Start off with clean and dry tresses which are parted down the centre. You’ll need to separate your hair into sections, and gently pull back half of it for now.
2) Next, use a heat styling mousse to prep your hair for the bouncy waves. A voluminous style is often hard to achieve without proper product, so this is an essential step! Although the beauty guru in this video uses a product by Garnier Fructis, you can also try Tresemme Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray to keep everything in place.
3) Next, use a styling iron on the first sectioned half (try a straightening iron such as Brocato Vibrastrait Oscillating Iron for salon-quality results).
4) Wrap smaller sections around the flat iron, twist, and hold in place for a few seconds to achieve bouncy curls.
5) Be sure to repeat the process for the other half of your locks as well! At this point, you should have two sections which are curled with the top half of your hair (which was pulled back) remaining straight.
6) Adjust your curls, and add a final spritz of a finishing spray such as Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray to have your hard work last all day.
7) Take a wide bristle hairbrush and gently brush back your curls, letting them stay styled while giving your hair more of a natural effect.
8) Separate and comb back the two top sections using a fine tooth comb, before adding another final spritz of spray.
9) You’re now ready to channel your inner Katherine! Enjoy!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity updates from the week's top stories, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.